Saturday 30 March 2013

Lunch at The Breakfast Club


We had a little wander down to Hoxton today. Hoxton has never really been my speed, preferring the more polished and grown up areas like Islington. I've never been into ordering lunch sitting in a garage on beanbag served by a stroppy hipster with an ironic moustache. However today I was liking the vibe of things being a bit gritty and arty. Plus, whenever you hear about a new and interesting restaurant these days, the majority of the time it does seem to be around this area. I think I'll make a bit more of an effort to explore a little more down there.

Anyway, today Rhid took me to The Breakfast Club for lunch. Odd I know. It's a shame we'd already had breakfast because this place does seem to serve, you've guessed it, mostly breakfast and looked like it did it incredibly well. It also had a section devoted to comfort food which I loved the idea of. The upshot seemed to be that this place has been designed with both the weekend and the hangover in mind. We'll definitely be back to try what else they have to offer.

I was a bit disappointed to see that the comfort food wasn't being served and not being interested in breakfast we were left with sandwiches. However, when ordered I really didn't have any reason to complain. Rhid's bacon, cheese, ham and barbecue sauce club rocked and my hot pastrami was also great and as my demands for chips and beer were also met, I was happy.

Slightly unenthusiastic service didn't effect what was a very nice lunch.


Either Rhid was having to think really hard to decide whether he liked his breakfast smoothie or sucking it through that straw is harder than I anticipated.


No comments:

Post a Comment